Pedigree Hatching Bags: Pack of 10
Being able to keep track of the parentage of our chicks is vital to our breeding programs. We’ve been using these pedigree mesh hatching bags for years, in order to keep accurate records for our many breeding groups and crosses.
These pedigree hatching bags will help you keep track of who’s who in the incubator in a number of ways. You can pedigree the chicks in your own breeding programs, of course. If you are purchasing hatching eggs from us, they can help you keep track of some of our breeds and crosses that look similar at hatch. For example, some of our Olive Egger crosses are indistinguishable at hatch from each other or our other breeds. For our breeds that are in a clan mating program, such as our Marans and Ameraucanas, you can use the bags to separate chicks by clan, too.
Pedigree hatching bags are very easy to use:
- At lockdown, organize your hatching eggs by grouping them into bags as needed.
- Each bag stretches quite a bit, and can hold up to 12 eggs (although we usually add about 6 eggs per bag, to give our chicks PLENTY of room).
- Chicks hatch in the bag with the other members of their group. The bags allow the chicks to move around comfortably and snuggle their hatchmates during the hatch.
- As you remove chicks from the hatching bags, use leg bands, wing bands, or toe punches to continue tracking your chicks.
- If your incubator is small, you can trim the bags to a smaller size to remove excess mesh and create more space in your incubator.
- After use, simply soak in a diluted bleach solution, dry, and reuse hatch after hatch.
Pedigree Hatching Bags are sold in packs of 10.
Shipping for Pedigree Hatching Bags is free when they ship along with hatching eggs. Free pickup is also available when Hatching Bags are added to a local hatching egg or chick order.
If Hatching Bags are the only item in your order, we will ship them to you First Class Mail with Tracking after we receive your order.